Arrival in Tbilisi. Metting at the Tbilisi international airport with a sign of “Blue Sky Company”. Transfer to the hotel.
The citybreak tour offers you the sightseeing of Tbilisi, visiting the historic and architectural monuments, describing the 1500 year-old history of the city. Ancient districts are remarkable with ornamented houses with balconies, narrow streets and diversified architectural style. Here, You can meet the temples of 6 different religious confessions, neighbouring each other.
You can visit the following sights during the city-break tour:
- The Sameba cathedral (the monastery complex, with the main large – scale dome church of 97 meters high);
- The Metekhi Church (dated with the XIII century, from which you can enjoy the great view over the ancient districts of Tbilisi);
- Abanotubani and the Mosque (in this part of the city, there are sulfur baths; this was where the legend about founding Tbilisi was born);
- The Narikala Fortress (medieval castle, erected on the beautiful hill, creates the composition of the most beautiful city view);
- The top of the Sololaki mountain, “The Mother of Georgia”;
- Zoroaster (fire worshiping) temple, named “Ateshga”;
- Bethlehem churches of the “Kldisubani” (rocky area);
- Meidani and the Armenian Church;
- Art Saloons, workshops, exhibitions, etc;
- The Sioni Cathedral (XII century dome church);
- Walking along the riverside, across the “Bridge of Peace” (the contemporary architectural model, presented in the combination of the ancient town);
- The King’s Square;
- The Anchiskhati Church (one of the most ancient Christian buildings in Georgia, dated with VI Century);
- Theatre of Marionettes;
- The Art museum of Georgia (The Gold Fund, where exhibits of different period are represented; among them is the gilded Lord’s icon not of human making).
Back to the hotel in Tbilisi. Dinner and Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Departure to the ancient, historic capital of Georgia – Mtskheta, which is included into the list of UNESCO World Culture Heritage.
During the tour you can visit the following sights:
- The Jvari Monastery (VI Century architecturally refined temple, matching the surrounding nature. From here the great panoramic view opens over the river gorge of the Mtkvari and the town of Mtkheta);
- The Armazi Castle (ancient settlement, the oldest layers of which are dated back to the IV – III centuries B. C. There are the ancient Romanian baths and the church, belonging to the antique period, there stood the pagan idol, with the residential halls, ancient cellar and the remains of other buildings);
- Svetitskhoveli (the great complex of the cross dome church, where the greatest sacred objects for the whole Christian world are buried - Lord’s tunic and the cloak of profit Eliah).
Lunch and departure towards the Shiomghvime Monastery (12 km. from the town of Mtskheta);
- The Shiomghvime Monastery (VI-XX Century great architectural complex, consisting of several temples. The remains of cave complex are preserved here; there lived the monks of the monastery. The monastery was founded by one of the Thirteen Assyrian fathers – Father Shio, who came to Georgia for converting the country to Christianity. He used to live in the cave, from which the name of this monastery – Shiomghvime - has been originated (the Cave of Shio);
Back to Tbilisi. Dinner and Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Kakheti - this region of Georgia is famous for vine yards and wine making; in the evening, you will experience wine sampling in Georgian cellar and test the famous Georgian wines.
Departure to the Gareji Monastery, visiting the following sights:
- The Davit’s Lavra (the monastery complex in caves, founded by one of the Assyrian Fathers – Davit Garejeli in the VI century. The contemporary monastery consists of several churches and dozens of caves, designated for special purposes);
- The desert monastery complex (one of the ancient monastery settlements with decorated churches);
- Departure towards the town of Sighnaghi;
- Sighnaghi (one of the most beautiful towns of Kakheti region, with historic monuments and tiny houses with nice balconies. Walking along the tourist path, you will visit the districts of the town, the King Erekle’s fence and other sights);
- Exhibitions and museums (the Sighnaghi is the mother town of the world famous painter Niko Pirosmani. The city museum is rich in expositions, among which there are the paintings by Niko Pirosmani).
Back to Tbilisi; Dinner and overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Departure towards Telavi visiting the following sights:
- The architectural complex of the Royal Palace (ruins of the residence, the art museum and the small churches surrounded by the fence);
- The Ikalto Monastery (the monastery, founded by one of the Thirteen Assyrian Fathers – Arsen Ikaltoeli, where the spiritual academy was founded in the XI century)
- The Alaverdi Architectural Complex (the monastery was founded by another Assyrian Father – Ioseb Alaverdeli. The contemporary church is dated with XI century. The Alaverdi Complex includes the XI Century cross-dome church, the Royal pavilion, wine cellar and other buildings, intended for special purposes; it is surrounded with the great stony wall).
- The Nekresi ancient settlement and the monastery complex (from the monastery, founded by the Assyrian Father - Abibo Nekreseli, only few churches and various monastery buildings have remained).
- Gremi (the ancient castle town - fortress with the domed church and various architectural buildings);
Back to Sighnaghi. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Departure to the Samtskhe – Javakheti region, visiting the famous resort of Borjomi.
- Borjomi (the famous balneology and climate resort of Georgia, where the world famous natural spring of mineral water – Borjomi flows out. You can taste the warm, natural mineral water with gas in the Borjomi Park).
- The Atskuri Fortress (the medieval citadel erected on the high rocky hill)
- Akhaltsikhe (Samtskhe – Javakheti administrative centre. The ancient historic complex Rabati is located within the town of Akhaltsikhe, dated with the IX Century, where the residential building of the Jakelis Dynasty has been preserved; it is surrounded by the fortress and there are also the ruins of the ancient Karvasla, museum, Greek, Armenian and Catholic Churches; the Mosque is standing right next to these historical monuments).
- The Khertvisi castle (the medieval town – castle with high walls and citadels).
- The Vani’s caves (ancient monastery settlement in the multi-level rocky caves).
Lunch at the guesthouse;
- Visiting the Vardzia Complex (XII Century multi-level monastery complex, consisting of multiple caves; among them are the domed church, cellars, drugstores, etc. This large – scaled complex gives the deep and unforgettable impression to the visitors).
Back to the Tbilisi Hotel. Dinner and overnight stay.
Transfer to the Tbilisi International Airport.